Saturday, June 29, 2013

Amazing first week of fundraising for Team Goldfish!

Last weekend, I took the plunge and signed up for the Swim Across America Baltimore Open Water Swim 3 miler.  The swim will take place on September 22 and I committed to raising $1500 for cancer research at Johns Hopkins Medical. 

Six days into these efforts, I'm blown away by the support and generosity of my friends, family and co-workers.  Through an email and Facebook/twitter updates thanking contributors, I've already been able to raise over $1300!  

Because of this I decided we needed a team name.  And for a swimmer who's last name is Gold, what better name could there be than Team Goldfish?  I'll be posting short updates on my training, fundraising and other swim-related stuff on this blog over the next couple of months.  You can also tap into them, if you follow me on Twitter or checkout #TeamGoldfish!

And don't forget, there's 85 days to become a member of Team Goldfish by contributing to cancer research here: http://www.swimacrossamerica.org/goto/AlisonGold.

No comments:

Post a Comment