Saturday, August 24, 2013

Gone Swimming! Seattle Park to Park Swim

Today, I'm flying out to "the other Washington" for a week of vacation.  I'll be spending a majority of my time hiking and camping on the Olympic Peninsula.
Some of my favorite spots on the Olympic Peninsula: Ozette, Kalaloch and the Ho Rain Forest.

But, before I commune with nature, I'll be spending some quality time with my friend and swim buddy, and former neighbor, Marta.  In fact, Marta will be joining me in my penultimate open water swim of the season-the 1.42 mile Park to Park swim across Lake Washington in Seattle!  This event will benefit the Patient Emergency Assistance Fund at Seattle Children's Hospital.
Emergency Patient Assistance Fund at


I'm excited about a lot of things relating to this event.  First, I'm psyched to swim with Marta.  Second, I've never done a point-to-point swim (as the logo says--no turns) so this will be a new adventure.  And third, this will be only the second time I'll be swimming in a wet suit.  I haven't worn one since my first open water swim back over Memorial Day weekend when I logged a mile in a very respectable 33:14.  So I'm excited to see how fast I can go, given the additional experience in open water, all the hard training I've been doing this summer, and with the benefit of my wetsuit's buoyancy.

For now, I've gone swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment