Saturday, August 3, 2013

New Goggles and the Harborfest Swim!

Sporting my new Tyr Limited Edition Crazy Special Ops Goggles and Team Goldfish Swimcap
As I mentioned last week, I've added a fifth open water event to my summer schedule, the Harborfest Swim which is tomorrow morning.  I'll be doing the 1.2 mile course and proceeds from the event benefit the Surfrider Foundation and the Special Olympics.

Looking forward to the event and trying out my new Tyr Limited Edition Crazy Special Ops Goggles!  Up until now, I've been wearing my Speedo Vanquishers during the open water swims.  But, they are pool goggles, and I've had a lot of trouble siting with them. 

Then, the March/April edition of the U.S. Masters Swimming magazine, Swimmer arrived full of open water goggle reviews!  After reading the reviews, and weighing aesthetics and cost, I found that the Tyr's were on sale at Swim Outlet.  So, I took the plunge!

A full report on how the goggles and I do at the Harborfest Swim coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment