Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Team Goldfish Supporter Snaps #3: Team Leatherman

Team Leatherman: Meghan, Chad and Frankie (who is definitely plotting doggie revenge on Team Goldfish for this pic)

I've been furiously writing thank you notes and stuffing envelopes with Team Goldfish swimcaps for all the great folks who are supporting me and cancer research through the Swim Across America Baltimore Open Water Swim.

Thanks to my first 50 contributors who have helped me raise over $3000 for the The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center (SKCCC) at Johns Hopkins. And we hit another milestone, because as of August 5 all the Team Goldfish swim caps have been claimed. 

As I mentioned in previous posts, I'm asking all team members to snap photos of themselves sporting their caps so I can have my team with me on race day, September 22. 

After the gents featured in the first Supporters Snaps post set a high bar, and my lady neighbors upped it, my parents raised it yet again--I'm eager to see who will top my father sporting his in a tuxedo.

Today's post features the awesome Team Leatherman (I stole the Team concept from them and their wedding invites)--newlyweds and excellent people Meghan, Chad and Frankie all modeling their team caps.  Frankie might win the award for least thrilled, but who can blame him-he's a dog! 

Meghan also wrote a really lovely piece about me and Team Goldfish on their blog.  I'm truly touched by what she wrote.  And yet again, it reminds me how lucky I am to have such amazing friends in my swimming and non-swimming life.

Totally awesome!  What will Team Goldfish members think up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment