Saturday, July 13, 2013

Gone Swimming: Chris Greene Lake Swim in Charlottesville, VA

Today I'll be participating in the Chris Greene Lake Swim 1 mile cable race in Charlottesville!

The water temperature will be far too high for a wetsuit, so I'll be competing in my Speedo.  Word on the internet is that it's a fast course--because it's a cable swim (great explanation of what that means on the US Masters Swimming Discussion Boards), the water's supposed to be warm, and  be really flat (no chop). 

In May, I completed my first 1 mile swim (with a wetsuit, in 66 degree water) in 33:14.  Hoping to come in at 35 or under on this one (being conservative with my goal since I don't know how much of an advantage the wet suit actually provided)!

Full report when I return home!  But be rooting for Team Goldfish around 10:30 am ET when the 1 mile swim starts!


No comments:

Post a Comment