Sunday, July 28, 2013

Team Goldfish Sunday Fundraising Upate: 56 days and 414 dollars to go!

Less than two months until the Swim Across America Baltimore Open Water swim and my training and fundraising are in full swing!

From a training perspective, I've spent much of July cross-training with a goal of building additional muscle endurance and mobility so that I don't get injured as I up the distances I'm swimming.  Two yoga sessions each week, and 1-2 visits to the gym have added some diversity to my routine, though I'll be honest that when combined with 3-4 swims per week, I'm running out of hours in the day!

Swimmers entering the water at the 2012 Harborfest Swim
The other piece of news on the training front, is that I just can't stay away from the open water!  I've added another race to my schedule in order to get more experience racing in open water.  Next weekend, I'll be participating in the Harborfest Swim doing the 1.2 mile race.  The event benefits the Surfrider Foundation and Special Olympics.  And if any of my triathelete or swimmer friends, want to join me they have 750 meter, 1.2 mile and 2.4 mile races down at National Harbor in Maryland let me know!  I'll share the full report from the event, and how I do next weekend!


From the fundraising perspective, we're going like gangbusters and still clipping at the heels of my fictional rival Peggy Brennecke.  In fact, when I started writing this update, I had $514 to raise to meet my doubled fundraising goal of $3000.  But, then I went downstairs to change over a load of laundry and lo and behold Team Goldfish gained some new members and the total dropped to $414. 

Thank you to everyone who has supported Team Goldfish thus far.  And for those who haven't yet, you've still got 56 days left to make your tax deductible contribution!

No comments:

Post a Comment