Wednesday, July 3, 2013

New gear for July! And Speedo's having a sale!


Since I've set out to do some ambitious training in July, it was time to get some new gear for the pool and the gym.  When it comes to swimsuits, I'm always looking for supportive suits with adjustable straps (since I have a bust, and the distance from my shoulder to bust is short).  I've found that Speedo seems to be the only company that makes suits that fit the bill.  When it comes to workout clothes, I'm always looking for items that are cut for someone with big shoulders/bust, wick, breathe and are relatively soft.

I'll report back on how these items hold up to the Team Goldfish challenge.  But, here's what I got today:
  • Speedo Fitness Spiral Splice Clip Back in Zinnia. Speedo's having an Independence Day Sale--25% off with the code JULY4SALE.  First impression: cute color scheme and the splice is flattering.  The straps are adjustable and I love how the clipback provides extra support.
  • Under Armour Women's Flyweight T-Shirt in Graphite.  I picked this up at Nordstrom Rack for $17.97 (retails for $29.99).  First impression: soft fabric, flattering fit (cut generously in the bust and shoulders, and has a higher neckline which will be good for yoga class), and unlike some greys, this one doesn't look like dishwater.
  • Marika Magic Slimming Control Capri Legging. Another Nordstrom Rack find for $19.97 (retails for $55).  First impression: the fabric's lightweight and feels like it can breathe, the capri is nicely cut and since it's fitted should be good for TRX (I worry about my yoga pants getting caught in the apparatus).
Have favorite swimsuits or workout gear to recommend.  Tweet me @AKGold11 using #TeamGoldfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment