Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Original Goldfish


My mom enjoys a lap or two of breast or stride stroke on occasion, and my dad is a big fan of reading on a pool raft, but neither of my parents would call themselves a swimmer.

Yet, throughout my life they have supported my love of swimming in so many different ways.  So, to honor The Original Goldfish, I just want to say thank you for the following:
  • For signing me up to learn to swim as a little kid!
  • For putting me in camps that had American Red Cross swim classes.
  • For carpooling to swim club practice four nights a week. 
  • For making me sauteed apples with cinnamon sugar when I got home and wanted a snack.
  • For everything you paid for and I never thought to thank you for--suits, camps, club dues, coaches.
  • For driving all over Illinois for my club meets and then for sitting through them to see me swim for approximately 5 minutes. (And never complaining about it to me.)
  • For all the times you asked about my progress from Sri Lanka to India.
  • For giving me the nickname Nema.
  • For making counting laps in my long sets easier, with an awesome gift that does it for me.
  • For letting me borrow the car, or giving me a lift so I can keep up my swimming when I visit.
  • For being the largest contributors to Team Goldfish!
  • For being so eager to get your swimcaps, and then actually taking photos wearing them when they arrived. And my Dad opting to model his with his tuxedo!
  • For offering to come to Baltimore for the big swim on September 22.  I'm so excited!
  • And more than anything else, for supporting me in life and my swim life.  I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment