Sunday, July 21, 2013

Team Goldfish Sunday Fundraising Upate: Doubling Down & Swim Caps are here!

Thanks to all the members of Team Goldfish for your amazing support of me and cancer research. You've helped me shatter my $1500 fundraising goal for the Swim Across America Baltimore Open Water Swim!  And as of this morning, together we've contributed $2300 for cancer research at The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center (SKCCC) at Johns Hopkins.


But, with 2 months until the big event, I've gotten a bit competitive (see previous fundraising posts and my fictional rivalry with Pegg Brennecke).  So I'm "unofficially" doubling my goal, and hoping that I can raise at least $3000 for this important cause!

In addition to contributing to support me and  cancer research at a leading institution, there's also a perk for the first 50 contributors for Team Goldfish--a team swimcap.  The caps have arrived from the printers and they look awesome.  I'll be sending them out of the next week.

I'd love for all the members of Team Goldfish to snap a pic of them modeling their cap and send it my way.  I hope to feature it on my blog (if you don't want that, let me know).  But, I'd really like to have  pics of all my supporters with me on race day, since my hunch is that very few, if any, of you will be in Pasadena, MD at 8:30 am on Sunday, September 22.

My awesome colleague Eileen models her Team Goldfish swim cap!

While 38 of the caps have been claimed, the next 12 contributors can still get one.  To make a contribution visit my fundraising page located here! Go Team Goldfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment