Friday, September 13, 2013

Challenge Grant: Let's get to $4000, and I'll match up to $200 in contributions!


It's hard to believe that after a long summer of training and fundraising, we're heading into the last week before the Swim Across America Baltimore Open Water Swim.  I'm feeling ready and excited about swimming 3 miles on Sunday, September 22.

But, before the race, there's one last challenge I want to push for!  Back in June, I set my initial fundraising goal was to raise $1500 for the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins Medicine. and supporters smashed it in two weeks. 

Then I doubled down on my goal and said let's go for $3000, and supporters smashed that one too!

As of today, Team Goldfish members have contributed $3,545 to cancer research.  Which is amazing!

But, all this swim training has made me competitive in service of a good cause.  So I'm really hoping that there are some additional Team Goldfish supporters out there who will help us get to $4,000.  And here's the incentive--I will match up to $200 in contributions. 

So make a contribution through my SAA Fundraising Page between now and September 21, 2013 (I get an email when you donate), I'll add up everything that gets donated this week, and making a contribution to match it (up to $200) before the big race! 

Thanks to all who have contributed thus far!  I'm honored to have you support me as I make waves to fight cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment